Where Auto Shops come for their transmission and powertrain needs
Powertrain Repairs General Transmission
NV Transmission and Powertrain Specialists
A vehicle's powertrain is an essential part and contains everything that enables the vehicle to move, including the transmission, but not the engine of the vehicle. Because the powertrain is so important, regular powertrain maintenance and service is a necessary component of problem preventative vehicle ownership.
A number of things can cause a powertrain to malfunction or fail. General Transmission has the experts with the knowledge and experience to fully investigate the powertrain and accurately assess the solution for the problem. General Transmission specializes in transmission repair and rebuilds but we are also experts in powertrain repairs and service.
Call us today at 775.786.5888 to schedule an appointment or use one of our convenient online services:
General Transmission is the leading specialist for Transmission and Powertrain repairs. We are proud to be the first choice when Auto Shops and customers need transmission and powertrain services.
Transfer Case Repairs–4-Wheel Drive Service Specialists
- The differential and transfer case are two of the least understood vehicle components. For many drivers, it’s out of sight and out of mind. They don’t realize how important it’s been until they’re forced to repair it. General Transmission in Reno, NV wants drivers to know that preventive maintenance services for your vehicle’s differential will go a long way. This routine maintenance will protect you from suffering costly repairs and breakdowns. Our team knows how to maintain your vehicle’s differentials and transfer case with clean oil for gear lubrication, and thorough inspections to remove debris, sludge, and old oil.
Quality Differential and Case Repair Maintenance
- Your vehicle’s differential is designed to keep your wheels spinning at the correct rate around every corner. As you make a turn, your outside tires rotate at a slightly slower speed, therefore the differential must channel power to wheels to keep them spinning at the appropriate rate. Your vehicle’s differential sits on the axle between the two tires along the drive shaft. Whether you’re driving a front wheel drive vehicle, rear wheel drive, or four wheel drive, the differential manages to channel power to the slower turning wheels. The differential will be sitting between the front tires on the axle for front wheel drive vehicles. For rear wheel drive vehicles, it will sit on the rear axle between the rear tires. On a four wheel drive vehicle, you will have two differentials, and a transfer case will manage to channel power to both differentials.
Thorough Differential Inspection–Checking and Resealing Leaks
- The transfer case is found in vehicles with four wheel drive. It channels power to the differential, but it does it for two different axles, affecting four different tires. If you’re driving a four-wheel drive, your transfer case requires the same level of maintenance that your differentials do. Make sure you have an experienced professional monitoring your four wheel drive’s differential performance. There are typically no causes for concern, but depending on the use of your four wheel drive, mishaps and malfunctions can become a problem. Allow the experts at General Transmission to inspect your vehicle’s differential and transfer case. The cost of replacing a differential is much more than a routine inspection or maintenance service. All it takes is a quick check, and a quick thumbs up to be on the safe side. It cannot be stressed enough how important your vehicle’s differential and transfer case services are.
Schedule Your Differential and Transfer Case Service
- Today is as good a day as any to make sure your vehicle’s differential is operating appropriately. Most drivers are forced to think about their differential and transfer case, but it usually too late then. The repairs are an absolute necessity, and all it took was a little preventive maintenance. Give us a call today, so we can make sure you and your vehicle’s differential is on our radar. Schedule a time that works best for you, and we’ll make sure you’re in and out in no time. We know how to make sure you’re never left without a high-performance vehicle.
- Saftey is everything, and improperly function 4x4/transfercase can leave you stranded in the middle of a snow storm or in the mountains. At General Transmission we can diagnose and repair your 4x4/transfercase whether is electronical or internal. If you transmission needs to be built/replace we can provide you with plenty options and usually at a better price. All 4x4/Transfercase repair comes with a 2 year and/ 24,000 mile warranty.
- At General Transmission we use only highest quality of clutch that matches best with your car and driving. Companies like LUK, Valeo, Exceedy are building better and stronger clutches and can save you money by not having to always replace it with the cheaper brands. With our resources and research we can match the best clutch for your vehicle, that way you are not just stuck with one option.
- Your vehicle’s radiator isn’t just for your engine as it shares with transmission cooler. An improper flowing transmission can easily be missed causing your transmission to rise in temperature and wearing a lot quicker. We take every step ensure that you have a properly flowing transmission radiator and/or cooler.
- Drive lines
- CV AXLES