Up to 3 years / 100k Nationwide Warranty Available
Our Transmission Services
General Transmission can repair, rebuild, or service your transmission.
If you live in the Reno, Sparks, or Truckee areas, head over to General Transmission in Reno, NV for the best transmission repair, rebuild, or remanufactured transmission services. We have technicians that perform expert and affordable maintenance and repair on automatic transmissions, manual transmissions, and all gear train components. Being one of the very few transmission focused repair shops, we understand exactly how your vehicle’s transmission operates which is why we're the best transmission shop in Reno. We will be able to diagnose and repair your transmission failure or prevent issues from happening in the first place! Our friendly and approachable technicians will help you understand how to extend the life of your transmission and how to care for it properly so you can avoid costly repairs. If you are looking for a transmission repair shop in Reno, trust General Transmission with all of your transmission needs.
- Transmission services starting at $120
- Towing up 100 miles
- Rebuild & Service Transfer Cases
- Rebuild & Service Differentials
- 4×4 Repair
- Gear Train Repair and Maintenance
- Clutch Repair for Standard Transmission Vehicles
- Service for Front Wheel Drive Vehicles
- Service Rear Wheel Drive Vehicle Drive Shafts
- Nationwide ATRA Warranty
Trusted Reno Transmission Shop
Here to Solve Your Vehicle's Transmission Failures
General Transmission specifically offers transmission service. We are Reno's leading automotive shop for transmission repairs and servicing of vehicles with transmission problems. Whether your transmission needs routine maintenance or there is severe repair work to be done, we are a fully qualified transmission shop that you can trust to get the job done.
- As vehicle operating systems become more complex and as technology advances, it is important for transmission repair shops to have the right equipment and training when diagnosing a vehicle. General Transmission is the best place to go to for transmission repair if you are in Reno, Sparks, Truckee, or other nearby areas. We take our diagnostics the extra mile to ensure that the correct repair is being done. With our dedication and experience in the industry, we are the best place for transmission repairs. Not to mention that we we can save you time and money.
- At General Transmission, we take pride in doing things right and that even includes transmission and gear train service. We are different from other transmission shops in Reno and Sparks because you'll never find a transmission flush machine in our shop. Our transmission repair shop will take the time to perform the service methodically by dropping the pan, inspecting the pan, replacing the filter, and inserting the highest grade of synthetic transmission fluid. Beyond that, we check your complete powertrain and ensure in the end you have a safe, reliable vehicle.
- Not everything is rebuild and overhaul. If diagnosed and researched correctly, some transmissions can avoid major expenses by simple repairs. With our dedication in training and proper equipment, we can go further than other general auto shops or even outdated transmission repair shops in Reno or Sparks. A simple service, computer reflash, valve body upgrade/valve body replacement, etc. can fix your vehicle as where non specialized transmission shops will go for complete transmission replacement.
- We take pride in our builds and they start with our employees. Our rebuilder and techs are some of the best in Nevada. We are always up-to-date in training and eager to tackle new challenges as vehicles get more complex. When we rebuild your transmission, we just don’t replace it. Instead, our transmission repair shop will thoroughly take apart and inspect where and what the failure is. From there, all the parts are cleaned with our high pressurized tank and all of the soft and worn-out hard parts are replaced with new or better parts. When we rebuild, we use only the highest quality of parts and update known components in the transmission, meaning you will get a better shifting and longer lasting transmission.
- We have a standard 2 Year and/or 24,000 mile warranty on our rebuilds, with an optional 3 year/100k nationwide warranty.
- Whether it’s for fun or for work, we can build your transmission to meet your needs. If you are towing and/or using it for heavy use, we can rebuild with stronger components, change shift patterns, boost pressure hydraulically, and much much more.
- Read more about heavy duty transmission rebuilds.
- That’s right. We do manual transmissions too! As they become more extinct, we still see them come through our shops. We are a transmission repair shop that is committed to the power train industry and are always up-to-date on our builds, tools and equipment, and suppliers. From Subarus to Dodge Diesels, we've got you covered.